Small House Insurance


Those researching small homes will most likely want to consider insurance.

Tiny houses on wheels are very similar to an RV in size, design, use, and appliances. However, most insurance companies won’t insure them as RVs. Insurance companies that offer an inland marine insurance policy may negotiate with you to determine proper insurance coverage under that policy.

Some homes are “fully certified as recreational vehicles by the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA)” which means that financing and insurance options are more readily available.[1]

Further Reading



1. Homes offered by Tumbleweed Tiny House Company are approved by the RVIA.