The Big Tiny House Event
Tiny Houses in the Midwest:
how they fit into peoples lives,
communities and futures
Date: Saturday, 25 April 2015
Environmental Science & Biology [Map]
700 College Drive
Decorah, IA 52101
Join the Growing Community of “Going Tiny”
- On Saturday, April 25th, the Center for Sustainable Communities at Luther College is hosting local tiny house owners and enthusiasts who will present their stories, motivations, and knowledge of the go-tiny movement, followed by an informal table Expo giving participants an opportunity to ask questions.
- Hundreds of people have downsized to homes of 50-400 sq. ft. which are more environmentally sensitive and efficient, enable money savings, and maximize time and energy available for friends, family, and their community.
- Grant & Anna Olson – Grant has personal experience in tiny home building and living, and the pair has a designed a tiny home with construction starting in early April.
- Greg Johnson – Founded the online resource, Small House Society, with Jay Shafer in 2002. He also lived in a tiny home from 2003-2009, and continues to be an advocate.
- Kim & Ryan Kasl – Live in a 207 sq. ft. home with their two children, and were featured in a FYI’s Tiny House Nation Episode.