Date: 19 July 2016 / Tuesday
Time: 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM [Event Page]
Location: Cedar Rapids Public Library [Map]
Room: Beems Auditorium Combined A & B
An evening with Greg Johnson, President of the Small House Society, who will give a presentation on the trend toward smaller living, and the popularity of tiny houses (those less than 500 square feet) in particular.
Layne Stark, who makes his living in carpentry and has built his own tiny home, will also share his experiences.
There will be time for questions and answers, as well as discussion. If the ideas of downsizing, living simply or freeing yourself of the burden of a larger home appeal to you, join us for this event!
Date: 14 June 2016
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Event Title: Tiny House Talk – Living Small & Simple for a More Purposeful Life
Location: Prairiewoods Franciscan Spirituality Center, Prairiewoods.org, 120 E. Boyson Rd., Hiawatha, Iowa 52233.
Register: Online, cost is $5 [Register Online]
Web Page: Prairiewoods Calendar Event Page
Learn how a tiny house can help you live a larger life.
There is a growing interest in small houses as a result of various cultural factors, including economic conditions, concerns about the environment and a desire for simple, more effective living. Are you one of the many people who can make a small living space work for you?
As facilitator Greg Johnson will share, you likely would have more time and money for other areas of life, such as your spouse, family, education, fitness or career. Come to Prairiewoods (120 East Boyson Road in Hiawatha) to learn how this could help you create a more balanced, enjoyable life!
The cost is $5. [Register Online]
The Tiny House Jamboree will be in Colorado Springs, August 7-9, 2015. Visit TinyHouseJamboree.com for more details.
The Big Tiny House Event
Tiny Houses in the Midwest:
how they fit into peoples lives,
communities and futures
Date: Saturday, 25 April 2015
Click here for some photos from the event.
Click here for a re-recording of the presentation by Greg Johnson.
Environmental Science & Biology [Map]
700 College Drive
Decorah, IA 52101
Join the Growing Community of “Going Tiny”
- On Saturday, April 25th, the Center for Sustainable Communities at Luther College is hosting local tiny house owners and enthusiasts who will present their stories, motivations, and knowledge of the go-tiny movement, followed by an informal table Expo giving participants an opportunity to ask questions.
- Hundreds of people have downsized to homes of 50-400 sq. ft. which are more environmentally sensitive and efficient, enable money savings, and maximize time and energy available for friends, family, and their community.
- Grant & Anna Olson – Grant has personal experience in tiny home building and living, and the pair has a designed a tiny home with construction starting in early April.
- Greg Johnson – Founded the online resource, Small House Society, with Jay Shafer in 2002. He also lived in a tiny home from 2003-2009, and continues to be an advocate.
- Kim & Ryan Kasl – Live in a 207 sq. ft. home with their two children, and were featured in a FYI’s Tiny House Nation Episode.
Below is the event poster as a JPG image file. Click the image for a larger view. Or, click here for a downloadable PDF version.